KNEAD-IT STEEL is a hand kneadable, fast setting, non-rusting co-extruded epoxy repair system that can be used for repairing ferrous and aluminium metal items. It comes in a handy roll form, with the black hardener encapsulated in the grey resin part. The product hardens in 5-10 minutes, after mixing, to a black metal-like material.
For fast and permanent repairs to items made of ferrous and aluminium metals.
- Repair of iron pipes, tools and equipment.
- Repair stripped threads.
- Forming of nuts and bolts in place.
- Attaching fixtures and signs.
- Making prototypes.
- Thread locking.
- Repair of down pipes and gutters.
- Repairs to duct work.
- Anchoring of bolts.
Product Code: 9300697110152
- Size & Pack Type: 110g roll
- Color: Black when hard
- Will not sag, run or drip
- Easy to use – no mess
- For use on ferrous and aluminium metal substrates
- Can be drilled, sawed, sanded, filed, tapped, machined or painted one hour after mixing
- Good adhesive strength
- Good gap filling properties
- Heat resistant to 120oC
- Not suitable for plastic substrates
- Set time increases at temperatures below 20oC
- Use KNEAD – IT MULTI PURPOSE or KNEAD – IT AQUA for applications in contact with drinking water
Technical Details and Performance
Indicative information only, not to be used for setting specifications.
Working life (minutes)
3 – 5
Non-volatile content (%)
Hardness, shore D (after 24 hrs @ 25oC)
Lap shear tensile strength (kPa) (25mm x 25mm x 1mm, steel)
4000 – 6000
Compressive strength (kPa, 24hrs cure @ 25oC)
Electrical resistance (megohms)
30,000 (ASTM D257)
Dielectric strength (volts/mm)
11800 (ASTM D149)
Upper temperature limit
- Continuous (oC) 120
- Intermittent (oC)140
Resistant to hydrocarbons, ketones, alcohols, esters, halocarbons, aqueous salt solutions and dilute acids and bases