Liquid Nails® Mirror Metal Glass
A premium grade high strength construction adhesive that delivers a consistently strong bond on mirror, metal and glass material.
Ideal for adhering mirrors to walls, metal letterboxes to exterior walls, house numbers to exterior walls, bathroom fixtures to tiles, tool holders on metal shed walls etc.
Liquid Nails Mirror, Metal, Glass is also suitable for use on BHP decorative sheet metals such as Lysaght, Zincalume, Colorbond®, Marviplate®, galvanised metals, Alcan and Comalco aluminium systems.
Product Code: 9300697115218
- Size & Pack Type: 310g cartridge
- Color: Translucent
- Will not discolour mirrors
- Heat and steam resistance
- Adheres metal, glass and mirror well to most surfaces including painted surfaces but not wall coverings
- Adheres and forms a durable seal between sheet metals
- Gap filling on uneven surfaces
- Forms flexible/shock resistant bonds
- UV resistant
- Low odour during application
- Non corrosive
- Weather resistant
- All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dirt dust, oil and loose rust. Clean surfaces with mineral turpentine and wipe dry with a clean rag before applying. Painted surfaces should not be flaky or peeling.
- Cut tip off cartridge and cut nozzle to suitable size opening (approximately 5mm).
- Fit nozzle to cartridge. Place cartridge into caulking gun.
- Support bond until adhesive cures sufficiently (at least 48 hours adhesive cures at 2mm depth per day).
APPLICATION FOR MIRRORS
- For mirrors up to 6mm thick, apply strips of adhesive 5cm from edges and approx 8cm apart
- When mirror is pressed onto the wall, strips of adhesive must not spread into, or touch one another. A gap must remain between them.
- Immediately after applying adhesive, place mirror against wall before adhesive skins (within 5 minutes)
- The weight must be supported and mirror must be held in place with temporary supports (e.g. with clips or tape) to hold and maintain adhesive contact over the total bond area until sufficient adhesive strength has developed. Normally after 72 hours.
- Do not seal around the edges of the mirror for at least a week to allow air circulation and aid the adhesive fully cure
- Mirrors should not be fixed directly to unpainted plaster, timber, concrete or brick walls. These surfaces should be painted to prevent potential damage to mirror. Painted surfaces should not be flaking or peeling.
- Not recommended for fixing vinyl back mirrors
- If in doubt, conduct an adhesion test by curing a little adhesive onto mirror backing for 24 hours. If adhesive can be peeled off, do not proceed.
- Apply as for mirrors and press surfaces together immediately
- Leave ‘squeeze out ‘ to cure and trim (avoid cutting into the bond)
- Support bond until adhesive cures sufficiently (normally after 72hrs). Adhesive cures at 2mm depth per day.
Technical Details and Performance
Indicative information only, not to be used for setting specifications.
Consistency (As applied)
Non-slump, solvent free paste
Very rapidly develops an adhesive bond by reaction with moisture from the air
2mm depth per day
Skin Forming Time
5-10 minutes (depending on weather conditions)
–60°C to +150°C
Lap Shear Bond Strength (Aluminium to Aluminium at 1.6mm thick adhesive, 500sq mm bond area)
- After 24 hrs: 280KPa
- After 48 hrs: 550KPa
- After 7 days: 830KPa
15 metres of a 5mm diameter bead
Clean all excess adhesive from equipment before it cures with a cloth dampened with mineral turpentine or acetone. Once cured adhesive is extremely difficult to remove and must be abraded or trimmed with a knife
Ideal for professionals using caulking guns on a regular basis.