Selleys Pro Series Sealant
Formulated for sealing expansion and construction joints between common building materials in vertical and horizontal surfaces
- Ideal for expansion joints
- durable weatherproofing
- no shrinking during curing
- outdoor and indoor use
- solvent and PVC free
- 400g cartridge
- 810g sausage
- Natbuild outlets
- HBT outlets
- Building suppliers
Where can this product be used?
As a sealant:
- Joints in precast elements
- External wall and cladding joints
- Weatherproofing joints between brickwork, masonry, wood, concrete or metal frames
- Joints in walls, balconies, around window or door frames
- Joints in bridge and balcony parapets
- Retaining walls
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Ceramic tile
- Soft wood
- Plastics (not polypropylene or polyethylene)
How to use this product
- Surface must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease, release agents, dust and loose material.
- Install backing rod and masking tape as required.
- Completely perforate the metal seal inside the cartridge nipple, trim nozzle and fit onto cartridge. Insert into caulking gun.
- Extrude sealant into the joint such that it is in full contact with the sides of the joint. Avoid overlapping of sealant to eliminate entrapment of air.
- Smooth sealant with spatula forcing the sealant into the joint for better contact with the sides.
- Sanding and painting is possible after curing. Pre-testing paint is recommended (water based paints are preferable).
- For easier gunning store at approx 20°C in cold weather
- For best performance, install a backing rod (polyethylene or polyurethane foam rod) in joint to control sealant depth and ensure free movement* of sealant in joints. Remove masking tape before sealant skins.
- The product contains organic isocyanate polymer (MDI) & is classified as hazardous according to criteria of NOHSC and HSNO. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for more information.
- Safety directions: May cause sensitisation by skin contact. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep out of reach of children.
- First Aid: For advice contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUST 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Give a glass of water.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
Storage and re-use
- Shelf life Storage: 12 months in unopened cartridges in cool, dry conditions (below 30°C).
- Opened cartridges should be used up as soon as possible. For temporary storage leave nozzle attached, remove nozzle and expel cured sealant from nozzle before re-use.