Selleys SolarFlex provides protection from ultraviolet (UV) radiation and other harsh weather elements. Harsh Australian and New Zealand conditions make the choice of an effective solar/weather protection solution critical.
- Superior weather
- Long lasting flexibility
- No primer required before painting
- Water tight seal with a 10 year guarantee (see pack for details)
- Adhesion to wet or damp surfaces
- Better curing (>5°C)
- Better extrudability (>5°C) with no slump
- Easily paintable with 2 coats of water-based paints
- Low VOC – so can be used in any environment without discomfort
- 300g Cartridge
- 445g Cartridge
- 300g Cartridge – Clear
- 445g Cartridge – Black, Grey and White
- Mitre 10
- Place Makers
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
Perfect for use on and around:
- Sky lights
- Expanding joints in concrete
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Cement sheeting
- Ceramic tiles
- Most plastics (Pre-test before use. Not for polyethylene, polypropylene or Teflon.)
How to use this product
- Ensure substrates are clean and free of oil, grease or loose particles.
- Cut seal and nozzle and fit to cartridge, then place in caulking gun.
- Hold caulking gun at 45 angle and gun sealnt ahead of nozzle ensuring product is pushed into joint.
- For neat joints, use masking tape on both sides of the joint and remove before skinning.
- Tool with a soapy solution before skinning occurs. For optimal joint design, use non-absorbent backing material (e.g. polyethylene backer rod) and appropriate joint width/depth. See technical data sheet for more information.
Storage and re-use
- Product has a 12 months shelf life when stored unopened, in dry and cool conditions
- Use within 6 months after opening
- Mineral Turpentine
- Not suitable on polyethylene, polypropylene or Teflon.
- Cure excess product before disposal.
- Avoid skin and eye contact and inhalation of vapour. If in eyes, wash out immediately with water. If skin contact occurs, wipe off immediately and wash with running water.
- Ensure use in a well ventilated area.
- Additional information is provided in the Safety Data Sheet.
- 24 Hour Emergency Response : AUS 1800 033 111 NZ 0800 734 607