Selleys All Clear
Selleys ALL CLEAR is a clear neutral cure (non-corrosive) co-polymer multipurpose sealant, that provides long lasting protection by forming a clear flexible film on top of a surface that won’t crack or dry out. The solution to water leakage and seepage around the home. SELLEYS ALL CLEAR is a high grade water resistant sealant.
New Improved Formula
- Lower Odour
- Easy to Use
- Durable Seal
- Glass like clarity – dries clear to blend with the surface.
- Suitable for old and new surfaces as it cuts through light oil deposits for excellent adhesion and seals effectively even on weathered surfaces.
- Suitable for damp non porous surfaces eg metals, glass, glazed tiles.
- Paintable with oil and water based paints.
- Multipurpose – can be used on most building materials and won’t crack or dry out.
- Mould resistant to help protect against unsightly mould growth on the sealant.
- Good weatherability and resistance to UV light.
- Excellent gap filling characteristics.
- 260g Cartridge
- 80g tube
- Big W
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
- Inspirations Paint & Colour
- Paint Place
- Dulux Trade Centre
- True Value Hardware
- Clark Rubber
Where can this product be used?
Metal or PVC guttering and downpipes, roofs and gutters
Perfect for use on or around:
- Sky lights
- Windows frames and glazing
- Roof and gutters
- Sealing metal or PVC guttering and down pipes
- Air conditioners’ enteries
- Sealing metal or PVC guttering and down pipes
- Shower screens
- Sinks and basins
- Sealing leaks in caravans and recreation vehicles
- May damage some plastics eg polystrene, polycarbonate
- Not suitable for use over silicones
- Not suitable for water immersion eg fish tanks
- Not suitable for polystyrene foam
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Many Plastics
- Damp non porous surfaces eg metals, glass, glazed tiles
How to use this product
- Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from dust, grease, flaking/powdery paint and old or crumbling caulk. If porous surfaces are greasy or dirty, we would recommend using SELLEYS LIQUID SUGAR SOAP. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with Mineral Turpetine and then again with Methylated Spirits. If there is old difficult to remove residue such as old paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as SELLEYS KWIK STRIP SMART. Ensure the surface is dry before applying the product.
- If however there is old silicone which needs to be removed, we recommend using SELLEYS SILICONE REMOVER, this ingenous product makes removing old silicone easy.
- Cut the seal at the top of the cartridge. Cut the nozzle at a 45o angle, to the size of the gap opening. Fit to the top of the cartridge.
- We also recommend sanding the surface back with a good quality sanding block, as the gap filler will adhere more readily to a scratched up surface.
- Insert the cartridge into a caulking gun such as SELLEYS LIGHT SPEED Caulking gun. We recommend SELLEYS LIGHT SPEED Caulking Gun, as its new innovative pressure release design reduces the mess which results from run on and stress on your hands, which is critical if you are doing a lot of gap filling.
- Hold the caulking gun at a 45o angle. Press the nozzle opening against the joint, apply steady pressure to the caulking gun and extrude ALL CLEAR by forcing it into the gap and move in a pushing motion, along the joint in one smooth action.
- For a smooth finish, smooth with a wet finger or scraper, such as a 50mm Soft Grip Scraper dipped in mineral turpetine.
- If the surface us wet, remove as much water as possible, preferably with acetone and apply as stated above however flatten into joints immediately.
- To clean up the excess, wipe excess away with a cloth dampened in mineral turpetine. Remove dried sealant from skin with petroleum jelly.
- Avoid smearing on surrounding surfaces, see handy tip.
- Sealant will skin immediately, and fully cure after several days. At this point any unwanted sealant can be removed by trimming with a sharp blade, but avoid under cutting the seal.
- Can be painted immediately with a water based paint. If the paint is oil based paints, firstly paint the surface with a water based under coat straight after ALL CLEAR has been applied.
Tips for Using ALL CLEAR:
- Ensure you tape both sides of the gap before applying the product. This ensures a neat finish and makes it easier to clean up.
- When first applying product, extrude a small amount onto a piece of scrap material to ensure a smooth continuous flow of ALL CLEAR.
- Remove the tape before the sealant skins.
- If the weather is cold ALL CLEAR can thicken and be harder to get out from the cartridge, so store the product in a warm spot before using it. ALL CLEAR applies best at room temperature 25oC. Do not heat ALL CLEAR as it contains flammable solvents.
- For a better finish use a spatula dipped in mineral turpetine.
- For awkward and irregular cracks eg roof leaks which are difficult to find, use ALL CLEAR Brushable.
- Keep a pack of SELLEYS Sugar Soap Wipes handy to wipe up any spills and for cleaning any material off the skin before it cures. They are an easy and effective way to keep clean on the job.
- If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. If in eyes, flood the eyes for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with skin, if contact occurs, wipe off immediately and wash with detergent. It may irrtate sensitive skin.
- Avoid breathing in vapours. Intentional misuse or deliberately inhaling the vapours from this product can be harmful or fatal.
- Ensure you use a well ventilated area.
- Highly flammable. Vapours can be ignited by flames or sparks.
- Avoid contamination of waterways. Allow waste or left over product to be completely dry out before disposing of it.
- Warning: This product has been classified as hazardous according to the NOHSC and HSNO. For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
- Keep away from children.
Storage and re-use
- Store in cool dry conditions, below 30°C.
- The sealant should be used within 6 months after opening.
- After use keep the nozzle on the cartridge.
- ALL CLEAR is a solvent based co-polymer sealant that dries by solvent evaporation. Wrapping the nozzle in aluminium foil and sealing tightly with tape can prevent evaporation for longer storage.
Selleys Kwik Strip Smart paint & varnish stripper has been specially developed to be the safer choice for interior use. This product will penetrate through multiple layers in one application...