Selleys Fabric Shield
Selleys Fabric Shield is a protective treatment for fabrics including furnishings & clothing. It repels oil, grease, dirt and water.
- Fabric Shield repels oil, grease, dirt and water.
- The product resists staining and soiling by substances such as gravy, mayonnaise, wine, coffee, orange juice and many other common household stains.
- 350g Aerosol
- Mitre 10
Where can this product be used?
- Use on fabrics to resist staining and soiling by substances such as gravy, mayonnaise, wine, coffee, orange juice and many other things.
- What materials is this product suitable for?
- Fabric Shield is suitable for use on lounge suites, dining chairs, cushions, curtains and bedspreads. Also suits, trousers, skirts, ties etc.
- Fabric Shield is not suitable for use on leather and vinyl, plastic or other non-absorbent surfaces.
- To maintain maximum protection, a re- application of Fabric Shield is recommended after cleaning or laundering:
- Fabric to be treated should be clean and dry.
- Shake can well.
- Hold the can upright, 150 – 200mm (6 – 8") from the fabric and spray with an even sweeping motion until wet.
- Overlap spray areas to ensure an even coverage.
- Avoid spraying metal or wooden inserts of furniture. If sprayed, wipe off immediately.
- Allow the treated fabric to dry for approximately 3 hours.
- When dry, test the fabric for repellency by applying a few drops of water in an inconspicuous area. If the water soaks into the fabric, a further application of Fabric Shield is required.
- When spills occur, simply blot away or sponge off.
- When soiling occurs, sponge clean with soap and water and rinse with a clean wet sponge.
- Not recommended for fabric already treated with a water repellent such as DRW or made from waterproof fabrics such as Gore-tex® or oilskins (Driza-bone® etc).
- It is advisable to test the product first in an inconspicuous area to ensure that the fabric is colourfast. Spray on, leave for a few seconds – then wipe with a clean white cloth. If colour is transferred to cloth or any other unwanted effect is noticed, discontinue treatment.
- Use only in a well ventilated area.
- Forms a dangerous gas if vapours contact radiators or naked flame.
- No smoking while product is being used.
- Do not incinerate or puncture can, even when empty. Spent cans should be disposed of by burial or landfill garbage disposal.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
Watershield is a silicone based aerosol water repellent, for natural and synthetic fabrics.