Selleys Permafilla Glazing Compound
Selleys Permafilla Glazing Compound is a superior linseed oil based putty that has been specially tinted to a honey oak colour so that it blends in well with timber
- Tinted so that it blends in with most types of timber
- Ready to use format for ease of use
- Product has exceptional keeping qualities
- 1 kg Tub
- Mitre 10
- Dulux and other paint specialists
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
- Glazing timber window frames
- Not recommended for use with clear timber finishes or stains when glazing exterior window frames. Product should painted to prevent deterioration
- Not recommended for use where structural movement may occur
- Not recommended for use in metal framed windows.
- Not recommended for use with heat absorbing glass
What materials is this product suitable for?
How to use this product
- Seal timber before applying PERMAFILLA GLAZING COMPOUND; allow to dry. Soften glazing compound in fingers and apply directly to the cracks with a knife, forcing glazing compound well in, to completely fill. Smooth over flush with the surface
- To glaze timber window frames, prime with oil based primer . Rebate should be clean , dry, rigid, free from distortion, true and square. Apply glazing compound in a continuous run, with hand or knife. Install glass squeezing out glazing compound to 2mm clearance. Fix glass with pins and apply additional glazing compound to face up. Smooth and trim with suitable knife or spatula.
- Paint glazing compound between 2 and 4 weeks after application. Paint should extend 2mm above the top line of the glazing compound . Apply an oil-based undercoat, top coat with either water or oil-based paint.
- Do not use clear stains, oil or varnish for outside applications, as these do not protect putty from damage by the sun.
- Ensure cover disc is pressed down on to glazing compound surface and lid is replaced firmly after use.
- Remove product skin before use
- Paint glazing compound between 2-4 weeks after application for best results
- Apply an oil based undercoat. The top coat can be water or oil based paint
- High humidity, cold weather and use in interior applications can extended skinning times.
- Product is essentially non hazardous
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.