D-MASTIC is an alkyl resin modified, oil based caulking compound. It forms a tack-free skin on the surface when exposed to air but remains soft underneath.
- Forms a surface skin, preventing transfer by touch and dirt pick-up on exposed surfaces.
- Paintable (after skin has formed).
- Easy clean-up off non-porous surfaces with mineral turpentine.
- Convenient to use non-slumping from vertical joints and easily extrudable.
- Long “open” time assists in the assembly of lap joints.
- 400ml (300g)
- Auto One
- Mitre 10
- Home Hardware
- Thrifty Link
Where can this product be used?
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Lacquered Work
- Machinery & Engines
- Maximum service is achieved when used within joints, it is not recommended to be used as a “skim” coating over joints.
- Not recommended for use in joints required to resist static air or water pressure.
- If sealing lap joints, apply suitable size bead of D-MASTIC to one surface through the intended fasten line. Bring surfaces together squeezing the mastic bead out on both surfaces and mechanically fix join where necessary.
- If sealing open joints, apply mastic forcing it into the joint ahead of the nozzle. This method aids in properly filling the joint and forcing mastic to wet on to the sides of the joint. If required, smooth surface with spatula dipped into mineral turpentine.
- D-MASTIC contains liquid hydrocarbon solvent. Use in a well ventilated area.
- If contact with skin occurs wash with soap and water. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before re-use. If irritation occurs, seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, wash with water for 10 – 15 minutes. Seek medical attention.
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Give a glass of water. Contact Poisons Information Centre.
- If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre, Phone Australia: 13 11 26, New Zealand: 03 474-7000.
Selleys Autofix Silicone Windscreen Sealant is a neutral cure black silicone R.T.V. rubber for sealing leaking windscreens quickly and effectively.
Selleys Autofix Silicone Marine Sealant is a clear, highly waterproof, neutral curing silicone with good adhesion to marine materials.
Autofix Silicone Instant Gasket is a tough black R.T.V. silicone rubber which replaces conventional cork gaskets.