Selleys Shoe Fix
A strong, weather and impact resistant adhesive that is ideal for most shoe repairs.
- Easy to use
- Flexible Bond
- Weather resistant
- Impact resistant
- 50ml Tube
- Dries yellowish/beige
- Home Timber and Hardware
- Mitre 10
Where can this product be used?
- Inner sole
- Attach beads, jewels, decorative items
- Will not bond Polyethylene or Polypropylene plastics. For these we recommend Selleys Plastics Glue. May not adhere to some plastic / rubber soles.
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Most Plastics
- EVA foam (e.g Desert boots sole)
How to use this product
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt or grease. Remove cap and carefully pierce seal.
- For larger area repairs such as shoe soles, we recommend you use the contact bond method:
- For quick and even bonding, apply to one surface only, press together and pull apart. Keep apart until the adhesive film is almost dry (approx. 10 – 20 minutes).
- Carefully line up surfaces to be joined and press surfaces firmly together. Bonds immediately on contact. Clamping may be necessary in some applications.
- For smaller areas, either use the contact method as above, or join with a wet bond:
- Apply Shoe Glue to one surface only and immediately press together. Lightly clamp or hold until dry.
- Allow adhesive to achieve maximum bond strength (24 hours) before wearing your repaired shoe/s.
- Wipe nozzle clean and replace cap immediately after use. Clean up application tools and excess adhesive with turps before it dries.
- A piece of plastic from a takeaway container makes a good applicator for shoe soles.
- Bulldog clips are handy to use for clamping straps and other small areas.
- Pack includes removable nozzle for easy application.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Irritant. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid breathing vapour.
- Highly Flammable, keep away from sources of ignition
- Warning: Intentional misuse by deliberately inhaling the vapours of this product can be harmful or fatal.
- This product has been classified as hazardous according to the criteria of ASCC and HSNO. Please refer to the Safety Data Sheet for more information.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUST 131 126; NZ 0800 764766) or a doctor.
- If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting.
- If in eyes flush with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
- Store in a cool area away from ignition sources and out of direct sunlight.