Selleys Knead It Multipurpose
A versatile, hand kneadable fast setting epoxy putty that is ideal for repairing, rebuilding, reshaping or restoring almost anything. It can be drilled, filed, machined, screwed, sawn, sanded, stained and painted. Packaged in a handy roll so you can just cut off what you require and save the rest for another day, it hardens in 5-10 minutes, after mixing. Approved for contact with drinking water.
- Will not sag, run or drip
- Easy to use – no mess
- Can be drilled, sawed, sanded, filed, tapped, machined or painted one hour after mixing
- Good adhesive strength
- Can be used to reshape, rebuild and repair a multitude of surfaces and applications
- Good gap filling properties
- Long-lasting, durable solution
- Heat resistant to 120°C continuously or 140°C intermittently
- Can be used under water. (but dry sufaces for application are best and recommended)
- Rapid set time (<10 minutes)
- Suitable for contact with drinking water. Complies with AS/NZS 4020, QAS Type Test Certificate No.: 8649
- Excellent anchoring properties
- 110g Roll
- NEW! 50g Handy Pack
- Dries Off white
- Thrifty Link
- Mitre 10
- Home Hardware
- Big W
- Selected Auto Retailers
- Selected Paint Specialists
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
- Repair and replacement – timber, metal, masonry, many plastics, ceramics
- Mending – toys, appliances, lawn mowers, sports equipment etc
- Sealing – leaks in gutters and downpipes
- Patching – chipped concrete, floors, bricks, blocks etc
- Attaching – fixtures, machine tags, signs etc
- Anchoring – bolts, screws, housings etc
- Moulding – to reform-reshape damaged timber, metal, masonry, plastics, ceramics
- Moulding to rebuild – wrought iron fencung
- Forming knobs and missing parts
- Balancing – table legs etc
- Fixing a damaged roof tile
- Repairing a water (drinking) tank
- Lost the head off your hammer? Make a new one with knead it
- Replace chip in golf club (woods)
- Not recommended for filling or sealing joints/cracks subject to movement as the cured product is extremely hard and inflexible
- Does not adhere to polyethylene, polypropylene or Polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon?) or silicone rubber
- Pot life (working life) decreases above 20°C
- Set time increases at temperatures below 20°C
- Approval for Drinking Water Contact to AS/’NZ4020:2005 subject to maximum surface area:volume ratio of 10,375mm2/L; minimum cure time: 72 hours at 20°C; maximum temperature: 85°C; maximum wet film thickness: 5 – 6mm
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Anchoring bolts
How to use this product
- Clean surface free of grease, dirt and dust. For best results roughen bond area prior to cleaning.
- Cut off required amount. Replace disc on remaining portion. Use gloves to avoid messing hands. To mix, knead with fingers to a uniform colour. If mixing is difficult, warm to room temperature.
- Apply to surface to be repaired (within 2 minutes of mixing) and mould to shape if required.
- For a smooth appearance, remove excess and hand rub with water or a damp cloth before hardening begins.
- Trim away any excess before initial hardening. Remove any residues with acetone prior to initial hardening. Hardened excess may be sanded or trimmed away once fully cured.
- After 5-10 minutes Knead-It Multi Purpose will harden and begin to form a strong bond.
- After 60 minutes Knead-It Multi Purpose may be drilled, sanded, machined, filed, sawed or painted.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before product hardens.
- Ensure the putty and hardener are mixed properly. Knead-It will become warm as it is mixed, A good indication its mixed properly is when you have a uniform colour, and feel a mild heat radiating from thre knead-it.
- To help determine when your knead it has set, keep a small piece off to check- when it is hard, it indicates your job is done.
- Use Knead-It Aqua for applications in wet/ submerged areas.
- Use Knead-It Steel for applications on metal or fuel contact
- For cleaning surfaces prior to application of adhesive, if the surface is porous, we would recommend using SELLEYS Liquid Sugar Soap. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with mineral turpentine and then again with methylated spirits. If there is old, difficult to remove residue such as old paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as SELLEYS Kwik Strip Smart. Ensure the surface is dry before applying the product
- Keep a canister of SELLEYS Sugar Soap Wipes nearby for a quick and effective cleanup
- Where possible wear protective gloves when using Knead-It Multi Purpose. Contact with skin may result in irritation. Epoxy resin is a known skin sensitiser. Repeated or prolonged skin contact may lead to allergic contact dermatitis.
- If redness or swelling of skin occurs, wash thoroughly with soap and water. Seek medical attention if in any doubt.
- Mixed and cured material is not hazardous. Cured material can only be removed by cutting and abrasion. If cured on skin, it will peel off in a few days without assistance. Soaking in warm water will assist removal.
Storage and re-use
- Replace siliver disc to seal ends and keep in a cool dry place.
A versatile, hand kneadable fast setting epoxy putty that is ideal for repairing, rebuilding, reshaping or restoring almost anything. It can be drilled, filed, machined, screwed, sawn, sanded,...
A versatile hand kneadable, fast setting, non-rusting co-extruded epoxy repair system that can be used for repairing ferrous and aluminium metal items. It comes in a handy roll form, with the...