Selleys All Fix
Is a solvent free, high strength adhesive with fast grab on porous surfaces that eliminates the need for nails and screws in many jobs. It has a thick, non-runny consistency that will bond a wide variety of materials. Sticks just about anything to anything and is ideal for medium to large household repair jobs. Fast, strong, safe.
- Fast – virtually instant grab on dry porous surfaces Eliminates the need for nails and screws on many jobs
- Fast grab minimises need for clamping
- Strong – Heavy duty adhesive that will bond a wide variety of materials
- Safe & solvent free – Low odour, low fumes and non-flammable
- Dries white and is able to be painted over once dry
- Lots of working time – bonds can be repositioned within 5-10 minutes
- Easy to use
- Fills minor gaps in uneven surfaces (bridges gaps up to 10mm)
- Water based – Cleans up easily with water while still wet
- Strong bond on porous surfaces after 24 hours, hardens to maximum strength over a few days
- 250g Tube
- 390g Cartridge
- Thick paste with the consistency of toothpaste. Dries to a white solid.
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
- Home Hardware
- Big W
- Selected Paint Specialists
- Clark Rubber
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
- Readhering carpet
- House numbers to brickwork
- Wooden furniture repairs
- Repairing damaged plasterboard
- Building a dog house
- Skirting boards
- Attaching architraves
- Attaching wall panelling
- Attaching chair (dado) rails
- Attaching or building a shelf
- Use for larger interior projects
- Not suitable for bonding plastics such as polyethylene, polypropylene, other flexible plastics and rubbers
- Bonds are not water resistant. Protect bonds from water penetration if used in exterior applications
- Not resistant to strong acids and strong organic solvents
- In cold or damp weather and between non-porous materials, drying time is greatly extended
- Do not apply below 10°C
- Not suitable for fixing mirrors (use Selleys Liquid Nails Mirror metal glass)
- Not suitable for sanding, we recommend
- Do not store below 0°C
- When used near brass or copper, the immediate area of contact will discolour to a blue tone
- All Fix take stain slightly and colour can be paler than surrounding area, squeeze out should be wiped off if intending to stain
- Not very water resistant
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Plaster coving
- Carpet & carpet grippers & carpet floor tiles
- Particle boar
- Metals (other surface must be porous)
- Glass (other surface must be porous)
- Ceramics (other surface must be porous)
- Brick (other surface must be porous)
- Polystyrene foam (other surface must be porous)
- UPVC (other surface must be porous)
- Many rigid plastics (other surface must be porous)
- Loose wall tiles (in non-wet areas)
How to use this product
- Surfaces to be bonded must be dry, sound and free from grease/oil and dust.
- If using cartridge: Cut tip off cartridge, fit nozzle and cut at 45° to desired opening (approx. 5 – 6 mm diameter). Place in cartridge gun to extrude contents.
- If using tube: piece nozzle
- Form bonds immediately by pressing parts firmly together.
- Bonds can be re-positioned within 5 – 10 minutes after forming.
- Always form bonds with wet adhesive.
- If adhesive surfaces dry, no bond will form. (Scrape off and re-apply adhesive.)
- On porous surfaces bonds will have good strength after 24 hours and continue to harden for a few days.
- If both surfaces are non-porous, drying time is greatly extended (more than 7 days).
- Wet, damp and cold weather will increase drying time.
- For long narrow attachments (eg skirting, architraves, etc) apply one or two continuous beads along the back of the item.
- For sheets to battens, apply continuous bead to the battens.
- For sheets to flat walls, apply beads to the sheet at approx. 300mm intervals to within 50mm of the edges.
- For small items, eg tiles, spots of adhesive should be sufficient.
- Fast grab may not support very heavy items, particularly on uneven surfaces or smooth non-porous surfaces. In these cases temporary support will be required until adhesive dries
- Thick applications may take longer to dry than thin applications
- Ensure at least one surface is porous for effective bonding.
- Wipe away excess with a damp rag.
- Use temporary supports when bonding a heavy load – support until adhesive dries. Particularly on uneven or smooth or non-porous surfaces.
- Good for gap filling – i.e. sticking two rough surfaces together.
- Leave nozzle on tightly if storing once opened.
- Warped panels may need holding or nailing until adhesive dries.
- For cleaning surfaces prior to application of adhesive, if the surface is porous, we would recommend using SELLEYS Liquid Sugar Soap. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with mineral turpentine and then again with methylated spirits. If there is old, difficult to remove residue such as old paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as SELLEYS Kwik Strip Smart. Ensure the surface is dry before applying the product.
- Keep a canister of SELLEYS Sugar Soap Wipes nearby for a quick and effective cleanup.
- Remove from skin with soap and water.
- If in eyes, hold eyes open, flush with plenty of water for 15 minutes. Seek medical attention.
Storage and re-use
- Clean up uncured adhesive with water. Cured material can be removed with acetone (most nail polish removers).
- Store in cool dry place.
Selleys Kwik Strip Smart paint & varnish stripper has been specially developed to be the safer choice for interior use. This product will penetrate through multiple layers in one application...
Selleys Original Sugar Soap is a powerful liquid household cleaner which is effective in removing grease, grime and dirt from household surfaces. It can be diluted with water or used neat. Also...
Easy to use, fast setting adhesive system to repair ALL plastics.