Selleys Liquid Nails Mirror, Metal and Glass
SELLEYS LIQUID NAILS MIRROR-METAL-GLASS is a premium grade, high strength construction adhesive that has non-corrosive properties when being used on mirrors. Most other construction adhesives do not have this capability and will de-silver the mirror. Mirror Metal Glass is heat and steam resistant which is important when fixing mirrors to walls in Bathrooms.
- For fixing mirrors to walls as it will not discolour mirrors.
- Has excellent adhesion with strong vertical hold.
- Heat and steam resistant.
- The only task specific construction adhesive on the market for mirrors, metal and glass.
- High temperature and UV resistance 60°C to +150°C, so it can be used inside and outside the home.
- Does not slump, so it is good for gap filling uneven surfaces.
- Non corrosive.
- Not for use on polyethylene, polypropylene or Teflon.
- Neutral Cure
- 310g Cartridge
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
Contact the store to confirm stock availability, as some stores may have a limited range.
Where can this product be used?
Mirrors to tiles
Metal to brick
- Adhering mirrors to walls.
- Adhering metal letterboxes to exterior walls.
- Adhering bathroom fixtures to walls.
- Adhering tool holders on metal shed walls.
- Adhering house numbers to exterior walls.
- Can not be painted over.
- Not recommended for permanent water immersion applications.
- Not suitable for rigid bonds, eg repairing broken glass.
- Not suitable for totally enclosed bonds. Adhesive requires air to cure.
- Not re-positionable.
- Not recommended for vinyl backed mirror.
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Metals (aluminium, copper, brass, sheet metal)
How to use this product
- Ensure surfaces are sound (painted surfaces should not be flaky or peeling). Ensure the surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free from dust, grease, oil and loose powdery materials. If porous surfaces are greasy or dirty, we would recommend cleaning the surface with SELLEYS LIQUID SUGAR SOAP, and allow to dry. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with Mineral Turpetine and then again with Methylated Spirits, and allow to dry. If there is old difficult to remove residue such as old paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as SELLEYS KWIK STRIP SMART. Ensure the surface is dry before applying. Oily timber types may need to be wiped with solvent prior to application to remove surface oils.
- We also recommend sanding the surface back with a good quality sanding block, as the construction adhesive will adhere more readily to a scratched up surface.
- Cut the seal at the top of the cartridge. Cut the nozzle end to desired opening (approx. 5mm diameter). Fit to the top of the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into a caulking gun such as SELLEYS LIGHT SPEED Caulking gun. We recommend SELLEYS LIGHT SPEED Caulking Gun, as its new innovative pressure release design reduces the mess which results from run on and stress on your hands, which is critical if you are doing a lot of work which requires a caulking gun.
- For mirrors up to 6mm thick, apply strips of adhesive approximately 8cm apart. Do not apply adhesive within 5cm of the mirror edge.
- When mirror is pressed onto the wall, strips of adhesive must not spread into, or touch one another. A gap must remain between them.
- Immediately after applying adhesive place the mirror against the wall (eg with clips or tape) until the adhesive develops sufficient strength (normally 72 hours).
- Do not seal around the edges of the mirror for a least a week to allow air circulation, which will ensure the product cures properly.
- Mirrors should not be fixed directly to unpainted timber, plaster, concrete or brick walls. These surfaces should be painted to prevent potential damage to mirrors.
- If applying the product generally, apply as if you are adhering a mirror and press the surfaces together immediately.
- Leave ‘squeeze out’ to cure and trim (avoid cutting into the bond).
- Support the bond until adhesive cures sufficiently (normally 72 hours).
- When the product is still wet it can be removed with mineral turpetine, otherwise if the product is dry it can be removed by applying SELLEYS SILICONE REMOVER.
Tips for Using a Liquid Nails Mirror Metal and Glass:
- If repositioning materials, fresh adhesive must be applied to achieve bonding.
- LIQUID NAILS MIRROR METAL GLASS cannot be used as a contact adhesive.
- Working time is 10 minutes. Ensure surfaces are brought together before this time.
- Keep a pack of SELLEYS Sugar Soap Wipes handy to wipe up any spills and for cleaning. They are an easy and effective way to keep clean on the job.
- On contact, uncured adhesive can irritate eyes. If in eyes, flood the eyes for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with skin, if contact occurs, wipe off immediately and wash with detergent. It may irrtate sensitive skin.
- Avoid breathing vapours. Ensure use in a well ventilated area. Product releases methyl ethyl ketoxime while curing.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
- Keep away from children.
Storage and re-use
- Store in a cool place.
- The adhesive should be used within 6 months after opening.
- After use keep the nozzle on the cartridge
- Liquid Nails is a reactive product and is designed to cure once exposed to humidity. While the product may be stored for a few months once opened, it does have a limited shelf life. Storage in an upright position in a cool dry place is recommended to maximise the storage life.
- If the adhesive is going to be used again within a few days, leave the nozzle on and merely extrude approximately 2 cm of product before storing the cartridge upright. This will cure to a plug which can easily be pulled out when required.
- For longer storage periods, leave the nozzle on and place a piece of plasticene or Blu Tack over the end of the nozzle. Tightly tape a piece of aluminium foil over the whole nozzle to exclude any air.
- When you want to re-use the product, simply take off the foil and plug from the old nozzle pull out the excess adhesive from the nozzle with a corkscrew, then re-pierce any cure at the tip of the cartridge and re-use.
- If cure has taken place into the cartridge, the product is unlikely to be in a useable state and should be discarded.
Selleys Kwik Strip Smart paint & varnish stripper has been specially developed to be the safer choice for interior use. This product will penetrate through multiple layers in one application...
Selleys Silicone Remover takes the elbow grease out of removing old and unwanted silicone.
Selleys Original Sugar Soap is a powerful liquid household cleaner which is effective in removing grease, grime and dirt from household surfaces. It can be diluted with water or used neat. Also...